Macaron man Tim Kinnaird to help boost EACH funds at Diss event
An evening of sweet treats hosted by a local MasterChef finalist will tantalise the taste buds and raise funds for East Anglia's Children's Hospices at an event in Diss tonight.
Dr Tim Kinnaird of 'Macarons & More' based in Watton, is hosting a cookery demonstration evening at the Park Hotel tonight where guests will be able to see how macarons and cakes are crafted and pick up useful tips.
Working as a consultant paediatrician at Norwich and Norfolk University Hospital, Dr Kinnaird reached the MasterChef final in 2010, and was runner up. Following this he left his job at the hospital to pursue a full time career in food.
Dr Kinnaird said: 'Leaving medicine was a complex and difficult decision - I spent 10 years working with children and young people and it was a privilege to do so. I've always had a love of food and MasterChef gave me the final push and confidence to move to a full time career in food.'
'I'll be making lots of delicious and delightful macarons and cakes at the event. I'll also be doing some chocolate work – showing people how to temper chocolate to use in cooking.'
You may also want to watch:
The Macaron Moments event takes place from 7.30pm tonight at The Park Hotel, in Denmark Street, Diss. Tickets are �12.50.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 6 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 9 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting