Luncheon club for people living isolation officially launched in Thorpe St Andrew
- Credit: Archant
A club which aims to give people living in isolation the chance to socialise has been launched in Thorpe St Andrew.
The Thorpe Luncheon Club will be open on the 4th Thursday of every month from 12pm midday to 2.30pm at the Roxley Hall on Yarmouth Road.
Guests will be able to enjoy a freshly cooked two-course lunch for just £7.50.
The service, which is a partnership between Thorpe St Andrew Town Council and the Buddies Day Service, was officially opened on January 25 by John Ward, chairman of Norfolk County Council.
Hayley Howes, community relations manager with Andrew Fredrick Adult Support, said: 'This luncheon proved that a friendly community project can have a positive effect on people's lives.'
You may also want to watch:
To book a place call 07876 689859 and leave your name and contact details on the answerphone. Alternatively, call the town council on 01603 701048.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council