Luncheon club for people living isolation officially launched in Thorpe St Andrew
- Credit: Archant
A club which aims to give people living in isolation the chance to socialise has been launched in Thorpe St Andrew.
The Thorpe Luncheon Club will be open on the 4th Thursday of every month from 12pm midday to 2.30pm at the Roxley Hall on Yarmouth Road.
Guests will be able to enjoy a freshly cooked two-course lunch for just £7.50.
The service, which is a partnership between Thorpe St Andrew Town Council and the Buddies Day Service, was officially opened on January 25 by John Ward, chairman of Norfolk County Council.
Hayley Howes, community relations manager with Andrew Fredrick Adult Support, said: 'This luncheon proved that a friendly community project can have a positive effect on people's lives.'
To book a place call 07876 689859 and leave your name and contact details on the answerphone. Alternatively, call the town council on 01603 701048.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row