Lowestoft woman sheds the pounds for granddaughter
A north Suffolk grandmother is half the woman she used to be after shedding nearly 13st so she can happily play with her bubbly granddaughter.
Just 15 months ago Carol McQueen, 52, from Kirkley, Lowestoft, weighed 26st 3lbs and was a size 32 and found it difficult to even walk down to the shops.
But the slim-line, new-look Mrs McQueen weighs just 13st 12lbs and can fit into size 12/14 dresses.
The main beneficiary of her dramatic diet success is her 10-month-old granddaughter Neveah Holmes, who inspired Mrs McQueen to take action over her waistline.
Because of her size, Mrs McQueen could never play properly with her two daughters, Laura and Haylie, when they were young and she was determined that Laura's daughter would not face a similar situation when she was born.
You may also want to watch:
And now, thanks to her local Weightwatchers group, Mrs McQueen is going on long walks with Neveah and happily pushes her pram everywhere.
Mrs McQueen said: 'I feel I have got my life back now. I was determined that Neveah would not miss out as my two daughters did when they were younger.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
She said her previous weight was down to a breathing problem that limited her physical activities.
Mrs McQueen, who also enjoyed crisps and sandwiches, has an ultimate ambition of reaching 9st 7lbs.
Her daughter Laura, 27, said: 'It is amazing to look at my mum now.'