Lowestoft fire crew rescue woman with bike lock stuck around her neck
- Credit: Google Maps
Fire fighters were called to Lowestoft town centre after a woman managed to get a bike lock stuck around her neck.
It is unknown how it happened, but it led to a fire crew from Lowestoft South being called to Surrey Street/Clapham Road at 5.30pm on Monday (July 5).
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue said: "A woman who had a bike lock stuck around her neck needed to be released from the lock.
"The attending crew from Lowestoft South used hand controlled hydraulic rescue equipment to release the lock.
"No other emergency services were involved in the incident."
You may also want to watch:
The fire crew managed to free the woman after 15 minutes and a stop message was then received at 5.45pm.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 City bar owner tells clubbers: 'Turn off Covid app'