Lowestoft tragedy: Police spoke to mother-of-three hours before her death
- Credit: Suffolk Constabulary
Suffolk Police say they spoke to tragic mum-of-three Fiona Anderson just hours before her death.
It emerged that officers had been investigating a reported stabbing, when they visited the family home in London Road South on Monday morning.
A police spokesman said: 'Suffolk Police were contacted just after 8pm on Sunday (April 14) to a report of a man having been stabbed in the street in Mill Road, Kirkley by an unknown man.
'As part of the investigation, and in attempts to secure further information, officers visited an address in London Road South in the early hours of Monday (April 15), where a woman was spoken with via the intercom system but officers were refused entry. This woman later died having been found in Gordon Road with severe head injuries.'
The spokesman added: 'Further inquiries with the man on Monday established that the incident in Mill Road did not take place – but that there was an incident at the London Road South address in which he received a wound.
You may also want to watch:
'As is standard procedure when there has been recent police contact prior to a death we have referred the incident to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 10 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail