Lowestoft theatre to get new technologically advanced seating
THEATRE and movie lovers at Lowestoft's Marina Theatre are sure of a comfortable stay as they take advantage of new state of the art sets that are used in Lotus cars.
The Marina has announced it will be getting 'ergonomic seating' which will incorporate ProBax technology, which uses dual density foams to encourage people to sit in the correct posture.
By encouraging a correct posture it is claimed it will improve theatre goers enjoyment of shows as they will feel more comfortable and not suffer from backache or muscle fatigue.
The Probax seats are being installed as part of �250,000 refurbishment of the theatre's auditorium, which is due to re-open on September 14 for a performance by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
They are being installed as part of a link up with Essex-based seating manufacturer Kirwin and Simpson with the Probax technology under licence from NuBax of Kent.
You may also want to watch:
As well as being used in Lotus cars, the seat technology is being looked at for aircraft and are used in offices and healthcare facilities.
David Blyth, Marina Theatre trustee, said: 'We were introduced to the Probax technology via a third party and once we found out more about its properties and the potential benefits for our customers we were keen to install it here in Lowestoft.
- 1 Water outages hit homes across city
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 People released from car after crash closes road
- 6 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 7 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 8 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
'The technology has been made possible for the Marina through the generous support of Nubax and kirwan and Simpson.
'We felt the dramatic increase in comfort was worth it for our customers.'
As well as the refurbishment, the Marina recently launched the �100,000 Next Stage appeal to fund a proposed expansion which will see a link created between the theatre and the former Zenith call centre next door.
It will triple the theatre's floor space, creating a new box office, caf� and bar and meeting area.
As part of the appeal, people can sponsor the new seats in their own name or in tribute to a loved one.
?For more information on the appeal, call 01502 533202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org