Lowestoft slimmers celebrate weightloss by tackling mountain of sugar
Just look at us now!
That is the cry from an amazing group of super slimmers in the Lowestoft area who have lost a staggering 276 stone between them.
Over the last 12 weeks, 300 members of two Slimming World groups have gone a slimathon.
On Saturday some of the slimmers were given an eye-catching example of how many stones and pounds they had lost between them.
Members gathered at Booker Wholesale, off Gorleston Road, Lowestoft, to see 100 bags of sugar that weighed 276st, or 1,759kgs, to help them realise their weight loss achievement.
On average each member lost just under a stone.
Among the group on Saturday inspecting the mountain of sugar bags were Stephen Jennings, 28, from Normanston Drive, Lowestoft, and Shelia Todd 53, from Wayne Close, Lowestoft.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
They has lost the most weight over the 12 week challenge by adhering to Slimming World's healthy eating regime, which does allow treats.
Mrs Todd lost a stone and half and on Saturday she was able to fit into a size 16 outfit for the first time.
'I never thought I would wear a size 16 - it is wonderful.'
Mr Jennings, who is unemployed, lost an impressive 4st 5lbs by cutting out fizzy drinks and sugar in his tea. He also learned the importance of making or having healthy meals.
He said: 'I live on my own and never made proper meals. I would always have a sandwich or a takeaway.
'But being a member of Slimming World has changed all that. I feel so confident and healthy now.
'It is very easy to follow and you can still enjoy favourites like a full English breakfast, by cutting off bacon fat and having tomatoes and beans.'
As well as gaining smaller waistlines, the slimmers also raised nearly �1,200 in donations for East Anglia's Children's Hospices and the Teenager Cancer Trust.
The slimmers were from Slimming World clubs in Gunton and Oulton run by Sophie Leggett and Tracy Glover.
Mrs Glover said: 'Looking at all this sugar you can easily see what they have all achieved
'It is fantastic.'
For information on the two Slimming World groups's session call Mrs Glover on 01502 589888 or Mrs Leggett on 01502 581556.