Lowestoft self-catering firm teams up with college to offer apprenticeship opportunities
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A leading Lowestoft employer has partnered up with a college to offer almost a dozen new apprenticeship opportunities.
Self-catering holiday business Hoseasons has teamed up with East Coast College to recruit and train up to 10 new apprentices within digital marketing and customer service roles.
The company is working alongside the college to offer 12-18 month programmes for youngsters to learn the necessary skills to join its marketing and sales teams.
Matt Smith from Hoseasons, said: 'We're looking for aspiring individuals who have a passion for everything digital.
'By training on the job and being supported by experienced tutors, the programmes really get youngsters ready for working life.'
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Rimmer, Principal of East Coast College, added: 'Apprenticeships have come a long way, enabling career progression and the attainment of higher education qualifications without incurring large student debts.
'What's more, many apprenticeships lead to permanent paid positions.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
The firm is currently advertising for apprentices in digital design, customer service and sales.