Lowestoft schoolgirl to perform with West End cast at summer festivals and events
- Credit: Archant
A teenager from Lowestoft will be performing to thousands of people across the UK this summer at major events and festivals.
Maisie Spackman, 17, will be entertaining crowds at events up and down the country as a member of West End Kids, the UK's highest profile musical theatre song and dance troupe.
Maisie and the troupe with perform alongside the casts of West End shows and some of the biggest names in entertainment.
Over the next couple of months, the troupe will appear at some major outdoor events including: The Chelsea Flower Show on May 25; West End LIVE in Trafalgar Square on June 24 and 25; Camp Bestival at Lulworth Castle from July 28 to 30; CarFest South on August 26 and 27 and Concours of Elegance in Hampton Court Palace on September 2.
Maisie said: 'I'm particularly excited about performing at West End LIVE. It's a huge event in Trafalgar Square that showcases all the West End shows. I can't really believe that in a few weeks I will be performing alongside the casts of West End shows in front of thousands of people.'
You may also want to watch:
West End Kids is a 20-strong elite musical theatre song and dance troupe. Based in Central London, the company provides a programme of 'on the job' training, combining intensive weekend rehearsals with a busy performance schedule.
Martin Williams, founder and artistic director of West End Kids, said: 'Now in our 16th year, we are heading into our busiest summer ever. An 11th year at Europe's largest musical theatre event, West End LIVE is a huge highlight and we're delighted to be supporting Children In Need by making our first appearance at CarFest too'.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
'Add Camp Bestival, Chelsea Flower Show and Hampton Court Palace to the mix and the young singers and dancers of West End Kids will get to perform for tens of thousands of people over the next few months, which is hugely exciting and priceless experience for all of them.'
Other events West End Kids have recently performed at include CLIC Sargent's Celebration at the Royal Albert Hall, The Guild of Freemen Reception at the House of Lords and The Queen's 90th birthday celebrations ay Windsor Castle.
For more information visit www.westendkids.co.uk or call 0208 123 2025.