Lowestoft’s Bascule bridge set to be closed for maintenance work
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Lowestoft's A12 Bascule bridge will be closed overnight on Monday for 'routine maintenance' work.
The work will take place from 8pm and is expected to be complete by 6am on Tuesday morning (June 7).
The bridge will be closed in both directions during the work and signed diversions will be in place.
National traffic travelling northbound will be diverted to the A1117 Bloodmoor Road, at the A12/A1117 Bloodmoor Road roundabout continuing on the A1117 (Bloodmoor Road, Elm Tree Road, Cotmer Road) to its junction with the A146 Bridge Road, turn left onto the A1117 Bridge Road, continue on the A1117 (Normanston Drive, Millennium Way, Bentley Drive) to re-join the A12 Yarmouth Road.
Southbound traffic will use the same routes in the opposite direction.
You may also want to watch:
Local traffic travelling northbound will be diverted off the A12 London Road onto the A146 Pier Terrace continuing along Horn Hill, Waveney Drive and Victoria Road, turn right to join the A1117 and cross the bridge, continue to follow the A1117 Normanston Drive and St Peters Street to the roundabout with Katwijk Way, turn left to join the A12 Artillery Way at the next roundabout and vice versa for southbound traffic.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences