Lowestoft man Alex Baldry jailed for possession of class A drugs with intent to supply
- Credit: Suffolk Police
A 20-year-old Lowestoft man has been jailed for 15 months after pleading guilty to four offences including possession of heroin with intent to supply and possession of crack cocaine with intent to supply.
Alex Baldry, of Beaconsfield Road, was arrested on March 8 as part of a week of action to target those suspected of involvement in the supply of class A drugs into the town.
On the afternoon of March 8 plain clothes officers were on patrol in the London Road South area when they became aware of a group near Kirkley Cliff Road, which included Baldry.
Realising the officers were moving in, Baldry fled and was pursued on foot by officers who saw him throw a plastic wrap towards them.
He was chased into an alleyway where he went through a back gate before being arrested a few moments later.
You may also want to watch:
Officers retrieved packages containing class A drugs, a lock knife, two mobile phones and a quantity of cash – just under £800.
The mobile phones were analysed and one showed numerous messages exchanged earlier in the day, all making mention of wishing to purchase drugs.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Baldry was taken into custody, and charged with possession of crack cocaine and heroin with intent to supply, money laundering and possession of a lock knife.
He was detained in custody to appear before Norwich magistrates on March 9, where he was remanded in custody pending his next court appearance at Ipswich Crown Court on April 6, where he pleaded guilty to all four offences.
Baldry returned to Ipswich Crown Court today (April 11) where he was sentenced to 15 months youth detention.
Baldry was one of 11 arrests made during a week of action in Lowestoft in March, where a total of around £5,000 worth of drugs were seized.
Detective Inspector Simon Bridgland said: 'Police in Lowestoft are continuing work to tackle the supply of class A drugs into the town and this was one of a number of arrests made during a week of action to target such offences.'