WATCH: Video and pictures of Lowestoft under lockdown
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Scenes that only a month ago were strange are becoming increasingly familiar, as the country sits at home during its fifth weekend under lockdown.
A sunny Saturday afternoon in Lowestoft, late spring, when the streets and beach would normally be busy - but photos and video show the town in a state of suspended animation.
Signs in the train station announce ‘Welcome to Lowestoft’ but nobody arrives to read them.
Along High Street and London Road notices in shop and restaurant windows all say variations of the same thing: Sorry, we are closed for now.
For how long? We don’t know yet.
You may also want to watch:
On the seafront a merry-go-round is for now a merry-go-nowhere, while on the beach, normally a magnet on sunny days for dog walkers and children, the only thing that moves is the waves.
At the entrance to Pleasurewood Hills a pair of signs on the locked gates say: Stop!
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 4 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
Life is frozen, suspended by the outbreak.