Lowestoft home ransacked in burglary
Police are appealing for information after burglars trashed a home in Silverwood Close in Lowestoft before stealing jewellery and a laptop computer from the premises.
The burglary happened between 5pm and 9pm on Sunday.
The offenders broke in via a wooden door at the back of the property and carried out an untidy search of the home. Items were pulled from cupboards, an internal stained glass window, glass in several doors and a 42-inch TV were smashed and milk and eggs from the kitchen were thrown around before a fire extinguisher was sprayed over furniture, carpets and curtains.
Property including several pairs of earrings - including pearl drop earrings, amber studs, a pair set with red stones and another pair with green stones - rings, including a gold ring with a flower on it set with blue stones and a gold ring with white stone, gold and silver neck chains and pendants including a silver dollar one and four silver American dollars were stolen, along with the lap top computer and a bank card.
Keys from the property were they used to enter a car parked outside and a stereo stolen from the vehicle and outbuildings including a summer house, garage and garden shed were entered and searched.
You may also want to watch:
The burglary has been described by police as 'particularly nasty and malicious', with no motive given for the targeting of the residents at the address, who have been left extremely distressed by the incident.
Police have conducted house-to-house enquiries and are carrying out a comprehensive investigation to trace those responsible.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
It is thought the offenders would have spent some time at the property and police are asking anyone who may have been in the area during these times to come forward if you saw anything unusual.
Detectives would also like to hear from anyone who may have been offered similar jewellery since or anyone with information about who was involved.
Anyone with information that may help enquiries is asked to call DC 849 Small at Lowestoft CID on 101.