Trees on fire and bin blaze tackled by firefighters
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Firefighters were called out three times in quick succession to deal with a spate of incidents.
On call firefighters from north Lowestoft fire station responded to three incidents in the space of an hour in Lowestoft last night (Tuesday, May 7).
They were first called from their firefighter training at the station to check out an automatic fire alarm that went off about 8pm.
After returning to the North Lowestoft fire station they were mobilised once more at 8.33pm to tackle trees on fire in Harps Close Road. With the minor blaze dealt with, they had left the scene by 8.40pm.
But they were soon called out once more to tackle a bin fire in Bramble Green at 8.58pm. The blaze was quickly dealt with and the scene cleared within 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The North Lowestoft fire station team Tweeted: "Tonight's #oncall #Firefighter #training interrupted not once but three times due to fire calls in #Lowestoft 20:00 - Automatic fire alarm, 20:33 - trees on fire, followed by a bin fire at 20:58."
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 9 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 10 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers