Firefighters get into the festive spirit during Christmas sing-a-long
- Credit: Archant
It is a popular annual festive treat.
And an early Christmas cracker warmed the hearts of shoppers in Lowestoft as firefighters got into the festive spirit.
A range of festive songs and Christmas carols echoed out around Lowestoft town centre last Friday, December 21, as the firefighters from Lowestoft South and North Lowestoft fire stations combined for the annual Christmas sing-a-long.
As well as keeping everyone entertained with their singing between 10am and noon, the event raised money for the Fire Fighters Charity and Pathways Care Farm.
This year Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service chief fire officer Mark Hardingham joined the crew members in Lowestoft. He said: 'Its brilliant.
You may also want to watch:
'They have been doing this for 20 years and this is the first time I have been able to come along and join in.
'It is lovely to come here and sing for a great cause.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church
The event was well supported by the public and businesses, with Blaze Bear and Welephant among those collecting as more than £1,300 was raised.