Unattended bin blaze tackled by firefighters
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a bin blaze after they were alerted to a fire in the open.
A crew from Lowestoft South fire station were called out at 5.25pm on Tuesday, June 18 following reports of a blaze in the open.
They attended the scene on Meadow Road in Oulton and discovered a small unattended bin which was ablaze, which they put out "with one hose reel," according to Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
The scene was cleared at 5.45pm.
In a post on Twitter, Lowestoft South Fire Station said: "Blue Watch mobilised to fire in the open.
You may also want to watch:
"Small unattended burn bin extinguished with one hose reel."
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden