Police appeal for witnesses to fatal collision near Lowestoft doctor’s surgery
- Credit: Ian Burt
Police have appealed for witnesses to a collision in Lowestoft that resulted in the death of a woman.
On Thursday, November 30, 2017, a grey Ford Fusion veered off of Yarmouth Road and into a wall near High Street Surgery.
It was initially believed the driver of the vehicle, a woman in her 50s, may have suffered a medical episode prior to the collision.
However, it is now thought her death could have been related to the collision itself, with police urging anybody who witnessed it, or the manner of driving prior to it, to come forward.
The incident was attended by the East Anglian Air Ambulance, however, the woman was taken to hospital via road ambulance. She died a short while later.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happed at around 12.40pm.
Anybody who may be able to provide information should contact PC 356 Metcalf at the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting