Lowestoft fashion show in aid of Taylor High Memorial Fund
A CHARITY fashion show hits the catwalk next week as funds are raised for the Taylor High Memorial Fund.
The Savvy fashion show takes place at the Hotel Victoria on Kirkley Cliff, Lowestoft, on Wednesday, organised by staff at the Lowestoft branch of women's clothing chain Wallis.
Tickets are still available for the show which will include a special guest appearance by singing star Leanne Mitchell, currently appearing in the hit BBC show The Voice, and singing and dancing performances by students from the Venue of Performing Arts.
A raffle will also be held, featuring a �250 voucher from Wallis and other prizes donated by local businesses.
The show will feature 10 local models and is supported by Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth colleges supplying hair, make-up and staging. Caf� Studios is providing the sound and lighting.
Organisers hope to raise �2,000 for the fund, set up by Taylor's family after his death, aged 19, in March last year. Since then his mum and dad Elaine and Gary have set up the fund to raise money for the local community.
The show has been organised by Wallis manager Dionne Parker and deputy manager Shelley Robbins.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 10 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
Other businesses wishing to donate prizes can call Wallis on 01502 539540. The show starts at 7.30pm with the doors opening at 6.45pm. Tickets cost �5 in advance or �6 on the door from BHS and The Ole Frank pub.