Lowestoft drug driver arrested and vehicle seized
A disqualified driver was arrested in Lowestoft after failing a roadside drug test.
The incident occurred at 11.34pm in the Oulton Broad and Normanston area of the town on Saturday, July 29.
According to a police spokesman a male driver was seen to be driving a blue Citroen Saxo 'in an erratic manor.'
After police observed the vehicle stop outside an address the suspect was subsequently identified as a disqualified driver.
A police spokesman said: 'The suspect was then subject to a roadside drugwipe – which he failed testing positive for cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
'Cannabis was then located from within the vehicle.'
The suspect was arrested on suspicion of disqualified driving, driving without insurance, driving whilst in excess of a specified drug limit and possession of the class b substance cannabis.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
The Citroen has been seized and the driver has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.