Lowestoft couple taking part in London Marathon
A Lowestoft couple are gearing up for a gruelling 26-mile challenge with the help of their four-legged companion.
Matt and Cheryl Crisp, from the Gunton area of town, will be taking part in the Virgin London Marathon on April 17 to try to raise �1,500 for the Breast Cancer Campaign.
The Crisps are running the 26.2-mile course in memory of Mrs Crisp's sister Marie Kirby, who died from breast cancer aged 33 in 2001.
They can be seen on their shorter training runs with their 16-month-old Labrador springer cross Ruby.
Mrs Crisp, 44, who studies plankton at Lowestoft-based Cefas, may have an advantage over her 40-year-old husband, as she has already run the London Marathon.
In 2008, she finished in five hours, six minutes, 12 seconds.
Mrs Crisp and her marathon novice husband, who is an engineering manager at William Clowes at Beccles, have set themselves a finishing time of four-and-a-half hours for April's race.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 3 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 4 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 5 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
n Anyone who wants to sponsor the Crisps, attempt at the London Marathon can visit www.justgiving.com/Matt-and-Cheryl-Crisp1.