‘Lovely natured’ Jessica remembered as tributes pour in for Hopton schoolgirl
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
'Beautiful' and 'brilliant' are just two of the words used to describe a teenager who died on Wednesday.
Tributes have poured in for 14-year-old Jessica Collins, from Hopton, after her sudden death earlier this week.
And the tight community in the coastal village has rallied to support the family, as the girl's friends took to social media to describe their heartbreak.
Police say there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding Jessica's death, which came as a shock to villagers, and no official cause of death has yet been given.
But plans are already being made by Jessica's school friends at Cliff Park Ormiston Academy, in Gorleston, to pay tribute to her.
You may also want to watch:
At the school's sports dinner on Saturday students are planning to wear pink roses or ribbons in her honour.
In the village, a pool tournament will be held at the Turnstone pub on July 17, to raise money.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
On Facebook, people have been changing their profile photos to pink roses to remember Jessica.
And an online fundraising page has been set up to support the family, with donations also being collected at Hopton's Co-op petrol station and Hair and Beauty by Gemma in Warren Road.
School bus driver Sean Byrne used to take Jessica to school. He said: 'I watch children go through the years and eventually leave to start their lives in our big world. I have always found all three of the Collins children to be very polite with big smiles on their faces. They always seem so content and happy with life, at no point was their any reason think otherwise.
'Jessica was a girl who any parent would be proud to say is their daughter, lovely smile every time they get on and off of my bus. All three children was always smart and tidy in their appearance.
'Whatever the reason behind her death, the lost of her life is a real tragedy.
'I will not drive pass her house anymore without thinking of her and her family. Over the years there has been times when I wish I could turn the clock back, this is one of those times.
'I can't imagine what the Collins family must be going through, I hope I do not have to see any other children pass away in my lifetime.
'My deepest sympathy to a lovely natured child and her family.'
David Hall added: 'I don't know the family, but I wish to send my deepest condolences to you all. I can only imagine what you must be having to go through.'
• To donate visit crowdfunding.justgiving.com/Hoptonvillagesupport