‘Lovely natured’ Jessica remembered as tributes pour in for Hopton schoolgirl
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
'Beautiful' and 'brilliant' are just two of the words used to describe a teenager who died on Wednesday.
Tributes have poured in for 14-year-old Jessica Collins, from Hopton, after her sudden death earlier this week.
And the tight community in the coastal village has rallied to support the family, as the girl's friends took to social media to describe their heartbreak.
Police say there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding Jessica's death, which came as a shock to villagers, and no official cause of death has yet been given.
But plans are already being made by Jessica's school friends at Cliff Park Ormiston Academy, in Gorleston, to pay tribute to her.
At the school's sports dinner on Saturday students are planning to wear pink roses or ribbons in her honour.
In the village, a pool tournament will be held at the Turnstone pub on July 17, to raise money.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 5 City councillor investigated after Facebook golliwog post complaint
- 6 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 7 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Greyhound saved from euthanasia among five dogs looking for homes
On Facebook, people have been changing their profile photos to pink roses to remember Jessica.
And an online fundraising page has been set up to support the family, with donations also being collected at Hopton's Co-op petrol station and Hair and Beauty by Gemma in Warren Road.
School bus driver Sean Byrne used to take Jessica to school. He said: 'I watch children go through the years and eventually leave to start their lives in our big world. I have always found all three of the Collins children to be very polite with big smiles on their faces. They always seem so content and happy with life, at no point was their any reason think otherwise.
'Jessica was a girl who any parent would be proud to say is their daughter, lovely smile every time they get on and off of my bus. All three children was always smart and tidy in their appearance.
'Whatever the reason behind her death, the lost of her life is a real tragedy.
'I will not drive pass her house anymore without thinking of her and her family. Over the years there has been times when I wish I could turn the clock back, this is one of those times.
'I can't imagine what the Collins family must be going through, I hope I do not have to see any other children pass away in my lifetime.
'My deepest sympathy to a lovely natured child and her family.'
David Hall added: 'I don't know the family, but I wish to send my deepest condolences to you all. I can only imagine what you must be having to go through.'
• To donate visit crowdfunding.justgiving.com/Hoptonvillagesupport