Lorry sinks into pavement in busy Diss road
- Credit: Archant
A lorry had to be rescued after it sunk into the pavement in Diss, leaving behind two large holes.
The area near to The Fish and Chip Burger Shop in Victoria Road has now been taped off.
Paul Scripps, who lives in nearby Mission Road, said he saw the lorry stranded in the holes just before 5pm on Thursday and that it was not the first time it had happened.
He said: 'I'm sure he just thought he'd pop in for a quick bag of chips and didn't think he was going to get that sinking feeling.'
Andy Kett, who lives in Cuthberts Maltings, said traffic was backed up all through the town heading out of Diss at about 6pm, and the lorry was still there half an hour later.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'When I got home it was directly opposite where I live and at first I thought the suspension had collapsed on the lorry.
'When I walked up to it to take a look they were dragging it out of a big hole.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
'Both wheels on the kerb side had dropped down into the pavement.'