A11 shut while overturned lorry is recovered
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
The A11 has been closed while a lorry which overturned in a crash is recovered.
The crash, which involved two vehicles, happened in the Norwich-bound lane, not far from the B1172 junction at Spooner Row, at about 5.30am today (Wednesday, November 27).
Firefighters from Hethersett, Carrow, Wymondham and Earlham joined Norfolk police and the ambulance service at the scene.
It involved an HGV, which was carrying pallets and a people carrier.
It is believed one person in the people carrier suffered injuries, but they are not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk police said traffic was down to one lane and drivers would face delays.
The road was later closed while the vehicle is recovered by Highways England.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as developer donates £50,000 to lifeboats
There were also reports of surface water on the A47, including at Easton and at Hall Road in Norwich.
Police tweeted: "The weather conditions this morning are heavy rain and lots of standing water on the roads. "Please take care whilst driving especially if travelling on the A140, A47 and A11."
They urged drivers to slow down and to "drive to arrive".