Two lorries involved in crash on A47
- Credit: Archant
Two lorries crashed on the A47 on Friday morning, with the collision causing one of the drivers to become trapped in their HGV.
The incident happened at 7.43am on the westbound carriageway between Guyhirn and Thorney Toll, close to the A141 roundabout.
Police say that one of the drivers was initially trapped but was able to get free uninjured.
Motorists were warned of long delays with queues more than two miles in both directions at one point.
A spokesperson from Cambridgeshire Police said: 'We were called at 7.43am today (May 4) with reports of a collision on the westbound carriageway of the A47 near Guyhirn.
You may also want to watch:
'The collision involved two HGVs. One of the drivers was initially trapped, but was able to get free. He was uninjured.'
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire