Long arm of the paw - owner reunited with lost dogs found on road at Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Two lost dogs have been reunited with their owner thanks to police in the Fens.
The spinger spaniels were found on the busy A141 at Chatteris, in Cambridgeshire, this morning.
Officers tweeted a picture of the animals, appealing for help in tracing their owner.
And within two hours, they added: 'RE the lost dogs. The owner of the dogs has come forward and the dogs have been reunited.'
Social media has taken over from flyers on lamposts and cards in corner shop windows as the means of appealing for information or tracing the owners of lost pets.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter today @DogLost was appealing for information about a white lurcher called max, missing from Rollesby, near Great Yarmouth.
All dogs should be micro-chipped with their owner's details to enable them to be returned if found. But animal lovers say up to 12 a day are being put down because their details have not been updated.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 7 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 8 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 9 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms