Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- Credit: Mick Howes
A major road in Lowestoft is currently partially closed due to an ongoing police incident in the town.
The police are currently on the scene of an incident in London Road South, with traffic building in the area due to the closure.
A man who lives in the road said he has seen cordons in place from the Carlton Road junction to the Lorne Park Road junction.
A woman, who does not wish to be named, is currently in the KFC in London Road South and said police had told them to stay inside.
She said: "I can see three armed police standing by a car plus one police officer with a dog also standing there."
First Bus has also reported delays to services X2, X22 and 99.
Suffolk Police confirmed the road has been closed while they deal with an incident and will be giving more information shortly.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon