Yes Lord Prescott our EDP ‘battle bus’ is as green as they come
- Credit: Archant
An election would not be an election without the intervention of Lord Prescott.
The former Deputy Prime Minister was in Norwich talking about climate change this week in his role as an advisor on the topic to Ed Miliband.
His new role prompts the obvious question about his driving habits - he was nicknamed 'two jags' after it emerged he had the use of one just one, but two of the top of the range motors.
He went on the offensive when the topic came up, and clearly hoped to call our reporter's bluff.
'Do you have an eco car?', was the response to her question about if he was a green driver.
You may also want to watch:
The EDP 'battle bus' just happens to be a hybrid, running for much of the time on electricity when it is in the city centre, and she was able to tell him that was the case.
He took it in good spirit, chuckling that he had failed to make his point.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
'Don't be too bloody clever Prescott,' he joked.
He went on to admit that he had a penchant for Jaguars, but insisted 'it was never two', suggesting one of the Jaguars he was able to use belonged to Lord Heseltine.
And defended the use of motors.
'Our argument is not that you have to get rid of your car, we can see that people are attached to that, but use public transport more. Two thirds of my travel is on public transport.'