We want YOU to join our election team!
- Credit: Archant
Tired of shouting at the television unheard? Disillusioned with politics? Or excited about the prospect of a general election?
We want to find a wide range of people from the region to join our election team.
From first time voters to those who have seen countless elections, we want to hear your views. We are looking for a group of people who will give us their thoughts in the run up to general election day on May 7.
Being part of the team will involve keeping a short election campaign diary, and giving your views on the political promises that will inevitably be made on the campaign trail – is a policy a good idea, and will work in practice?
With resurgent minor parties such as the Green Party and UK Independence Party, many commentators believe this is one of the least predictable elections yet.
You may also want to watch:
It will be seats in our region that could make all the difference when it comes to who will be Prime Minister next year.
We want to hear what you have to say. Are you?
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 8 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train
A first time voter?
A young professional still renting?
Unable to work and reliant on the state for help?
A parent of young children?
A business owner?
This is not an exhaustive list. We want to hear from a wide range of people.
To join the team, you will need to be able to submit your diary by email, and be available at reasonably short notice to give your views on various announcements. We will also want to include a photograph of you.
If you want to take part, email email@example.com by Friday, December 12. Please include the following:
Address (street name and town)
Who do you live with?
Do you have children?
Who did you vote for at the last election?
A short description of what life has been like for you in the last five years.
Please also include a contact number.
We look forward to hearing your views as East Anglia decides...