Warning over cold callers trying to sell funeral plans across Norfolk
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
People have been urged to be on their guard after a string of reports of doorstep cold callers attempting to sell funeral plans.
Over the past week, officers at Norfolk Trading Standards have had reports from the Norwich, Acle and Coltishall areas.
The watchdog says it has also received information that some doorstep sellers may be making false claims including:
•That the government has passed laws that require over 60s to have a funeral plan;
•That their funeral planning service is 'government backed'.
You may also want to watch:
Some cold callers have also reportedly approached properties without any form of identification and are refusing to give their name or the name of the business they are working for when asked.
A spokesman said: 'Trading Standards advises consumers do not deal with cold callers and never be pressurised into buying items or services on the doorstep.'
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
•Anyone approached on the doorstep by cold callers should report it to trading standards via the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06.