VIDEO: Council bosses release simulation of how will it feel to drive along Norwich’s northern distributor road
A series of public exhibitions about the Norwich northern bypass will start tomorrow, as council bosses released a video showing the route of the �141.5m road. The 3D 'flythough' footage gives an aerial view of the road, which would stretch from the A47 at Postwick to the A1067 Fakenham Road.
The project, known as the Northern Distributor Road (NDR), has been on the drawing board for a decade, but, Norfolk County Council recently secured �86.5m for the scheme.
Ahead of a planning application for the road, a series of public exhibitions will take place in the weeks ahead.
And officers have produced the video footage to give people an idea of what it would be like to drive along the 19.5km stretch of road.
The county council Conservative cabinet agreed earlier this month that the road would be dualled all the way along the route, although it also emerged yesterday that the final 1.8km from Fir Covert Road to the A1067 will have to be single carriageway for safety reasons.
You may also want to watch:
• See tomorrow's EDP and Evening News for the full story.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers