Time running out to apply for flood support cash
- Credit: Archant
Businesses and homeowners affected by the devastating tidal surge have until the end of this month to apply for council cash.
The deadline for grant applications to the North Norfolk District Council Flood Support Scheme is May 31.
The central government schemes, administered by the council, have been running from April 1.
Grants are being given to households and businesses that suffered flooding to their properties in December to protect them against future flooding.
Businesses not necessarily flooded, but who were adversely affected by the storm, can also apply for funds from the Business Support Grant through the council to reimburse business losses and help with recovery.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for this grant is also May 31.
Completed applications have so far been received from 73 applicants, which is nearly half of the households and businesses that could be eligible to apply.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
Council leader Tom FitzPatrick said: 'It now seems a long time since the December storms and thankfully many businesses and households are well on the road to recovery. However, a number of those affected are still in need of support.'
Visit www.northnorfolk.org/floodsupport or call contact Lucy Cubitt or Damien Woods on 01263 516324 for more information.