Election announced for three vacant seats on Thornham parish council
- Credit: Ian Burt
Thornham parish council is on the hunt for three new councillors to fill its vacancies.
The notice of election will be published on Thursday, January 4 and nominations must be submitted to the returning officer by 4pm on Friday, January 12.
The election date has been set for Thursday, February 8, and voting will take place at The Meeting Room in Thornham Village Hall.
Those wishing to vote must register by Tuesday, January 23 and the deadline for applications to vote by post is 5pm on January 24. Postal votes will be despatched around January 26.
Anyone unable to vote in person should check if they are eligible for a postal or proxy vote by contacting Electoral Services on 01553 616773.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for new applications to vote by proxy is 5pm on Wednesday, January 31 and emergency proxy vote applications must be submitted by 5pm on Thursday, February 8.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault