The secret gardens of Northrepps to be unveiled this weekend
- Credit: Terrie Clifft
Northrepps' secret gardens will be thrown open to the public this weekend, as the village holds its annual garden trail.
Twelve gardens will be open to the public, with refreshments available at two venues along the way.
John Richardson, 80, one of the organisers, said: 'We've got a great variety of gardens this year, some very formal, some very informal, and then we've got some colourful ones as well.'
The Northrepps resident added: 'It's a very lovely day. We've had a few hundred people before, up to 350 or 400, as it's very easy to park in the area.'
The gardens are open from 10.30am until 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors to the trail should first report to the Northrepps Village Hall to gain admission to the gardens and pick up a route map.
Admission is £4.50 for over 12s, with all proceeds going to the maintenance of the Northrepps Church's graveyard.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays