Table tennis and chess tables installed in Thetford
- Credit: Breckland Council
Residents have responded with delight after table tennis and chess tables were installed in Thetford.
Breckland Council has installed them in Butten Island to encourage residents and visitors to explore the town centre and riverside walks.
Its part of several improvements planned for the area and was funded by Breckland Council's Market Towns Initiative programme.
Street lighting will also be extended into the area to help "offer a safe and welcoming environment for residents."
Paul Claussen, executive member for economic development and growth at Breckland Council said: "The games tables are a great addition to Butten Island and should bring pleasure for years to come for residents and tourists visiting the area of outstanding beauty.
You may also want to watch:
"Situated by the stunning river and mature trees, the area offers a fantastic backdrop for players to enjoy a game of chess or table tennis outside in the fresh air, whilst meeting friends or spending time with family."
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time