Steve Barclay, CONS candidate profile
Conservative Steve Barclay will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of popular, long-serving MP Malcolm Moss, who has retired from Parliament.Mr Barclay, 37, works as head of anti-money laundering and financial crime prevention for a high street bank.
Conservative Steve Barclay will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of popular, long-serving MP Malcolm Moss, who has retired from Parliament.
Mr Barclay, 37, works as head of anti-money laundering and financial crime prevention for a high street bank. He is married, had a military career prior to university, and lives in March.
He is pledging to be the voice of the area if elected, to help secure badly-needed investment and jobs.
'North East Cambridgeshire has missed out on funding under Labour. Rural services like the Little Downham Post Office, traffic calming in Sutton, and paramedic cover in Littleport have been hit. Meanwhile vast sums of money have been spent in Labour heartlands,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'Your vote for me will safeguard local jobs and small businesses - we will stop Labour's national insurance rise for 7 out of 10 workers, increase spending on the NHS, and set doctors and nurses free of the endless target culture.'
Mr Barclay backs his party's call for tighter controls on immigration and greater support for our armed services. While he is active on social media, he regards old fashioned campaigning as the key to success and has been putting himself out and about for a long time before the campaign began in earnest.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 6 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 7 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash