Public urged to have say over Royal Norwich Golf Club homes bid
- Credit: Archant © 2012
People have been urged to make their views known over proposals which would see a thousand homes and a school built on the edge of Norwich.
Persimmon Homes wants to develop the current site of the Royal Norwich Golf Club in Hellesdon.
Members of the golf club agreed last year to move from their Drayton High Road course to Weston Park Golf Club, near Lenwade.
Persimmon Homes is now drawing up plans ahead of lodging an application to Broadland District Council And Hellesdon Parish Council urged people to attend public exhibitions at Hellesdon Community Centre in Wood View Road. One is from 2.30pm until 8pm today and the other is from 12.30pm until 3pm on Saturday.
Shelagh Gurney, chairman of Hellesdon Parish Council, said: 'Hellesdon residents need to be fully aware of the plans for this development. Details need to be transparent and realistic.
You may also want to watch:
'As a parish, we will want to know details of every proposal, from traffic impact on the A1067 Drayton High Road, to capacities in local schools, dentists and doctors surgeries and plans for landscaping and tree preservation.
'The views of our residents need to be known and this will assist the councillors when they make their decisions regarding planning applications on the site.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 9 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 10 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
• Do you have a story about a local council? Write, giving full contact details, to Letters Editor, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE.