Grants worth almost £20,000 approved for community hub and skate park
- Credit: North Walsham Phoenix Group
Grants worth almost £20,000 have been agreed to support a new community space and skate park in a market town.
North Norfolk District Council will award £15,000 of its Sustainable Communities Fund to North Walsham Phoenix Group to fund its Youth and Community Space, complete with recording studio, in the town's former Barclays bank.
It comes after the group was awarded £20,100 by North Walsham Community Shop, for the space which will also house youth support and family support alongside youth clubs, music and drama in the evenings.
The second grant will see North Walsham Play awarded £4,800 for the development of Trackside, a new skate park.
Once open, the state-of-the-art park will feature two large bowls as well as multiple obstacles including ledges, hand rails and banks.
Virginia Gay, Portfolio Holder for Leisure, Wellbeing & Culture said: “Here are some more inspiring projects from communities throughout our district.
"Some of them are small projects, some of them are bigger; what they have in common is that they will make life brighter for the people whom they serve.
You may also want to watch:
"Many congratulations, everyone.”
The council is encouraging local groups and cause to apply for a grant here.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 10 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check