North Norfolk council will raise flag in Cromer on Commonwealth Day
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
A short service will be held before the raising of the Commonwealth flag in Cromer on Monday, March 13.
It will take place by the flagpole at the council offices in Holt Road, from about 9.50am.
The service will be led by the chairman of North Norfolk District Council John Lee.
Last year on Commonwealth Day, more than 850 Commonwealth flags were raised throughout the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, UK overseas territories, and Commonwealth countries.
Mr Lee said: 'I am proud for the council to join so many Commonwealth communities around the world raising our flags on March 13. Together we mark our membership of this important organisation of nations and our commitment to its shared goals.'
You may also want to watch:
The event helps celebrate Commonwealth values, and the opportunities offered for friendship and cooperation.
- 1 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 6 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak