Norfolk warning over satellite warranty scams
Families in Norfolk have been warned by watchdogs not to be duped by cowboy satellite warranty companies.
Norfolk County Council Trading Standards has been made aware of Norfolk consumers being contacted by satellite warranty companies.
Trading Standards are advising that if people do receive such a call offering a warranty, you ask them to put the offer in writing.
Any reputable company will be happy to do this and people are advised they do not agree to the warranty over the telephone or provide them with bank, debit or credit card details.
The Financial Services Authority's information about satellite warranty companies and details can be found at www.fsa.gov.uk/Pages/consumerinformation/scamsandswindles/satellite/index.shtml
You may also want to watch:
Most of the companies will need to be registered with the FSA as the warranties could be deemed to be contracts of insurance.
The FSA register can be searched at www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/checkourregister/index.shtml
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 4 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 5 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
To report a scam or for further advice call Consumer Direct on 08454 040506.