Norfolk MP Elizabeth Truss set to stand in South West Norfolk seat for Conservatives
- Credit: PA
A Norfolk MP and cabinet minister has been formally chosen by her party to fight for her seat in an upcoming general election.
International trade secretary and South West Norfolk MP Elizabeth Truss said she was "delighted" to have been readopted as the Conservative candidate in her constituency.
The MP, who is also minister for women and equalities, said on Twitter this evening (Wednesday, September 25): "Delighted to have been readopted as the Conservative candidate for South West Norfolk."
She added: "Now let's get on with the election!"
A spokesperson for the South West Norfolk Conservatives also tweeted: "Tonight our Executive Council readopted Liz Truss as the Conservatives parliamentary candidate for the forthcoming general election."
You may also want to watch:
Ms Truss is set to stand against Thetford business owner and former journalist, Ruth Jolley, for the Brexit Party, in the seat.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK