New link road open to Lynnsport in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Ian Burt
A link road has been opened to serve a new housing development and also make it easier for people living in the Woottons to get to Lynnsport.
It leads from the A1078 Edward Benefer Way through the North Lynn industrial estate to Lynnsport via Lynnsport Way.
Lynnsport's new car park is also now fully open with around 500 spaces available, twice the previous number.
A spokesman for Alive Leisure, the charitable trust which runs Lynnsport, said: 'If you live in the Woottons or the surrounding area then it's now even easier to get to Lynnsport.
'The new access road will also take you past the fantastic new floodlit tennis courts, the new football pitches and the new Pelican's hockey pitch.
You may also want to watch:
'We are also pleased to announce our new car park is now fully open. We now have around 500 parking spaces available for our customers including more parent and toddler and disabled parking.'
The link road will serve the five sites in the Lynnsport/Marsh Lane area that have identified for housing over the next five years to help meet need in the area.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 7 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 How former teacher jailed for abuse of young boys was pillar of community
About 370 homes are planned across the sites and these will be a mix of two, three and four-bedroom properties with around 15pc being social housing. The remainder will be available for sale. The homes are set to be built by October 2020.
The overall development also includes new community facilities at the Dutton Pavilion and a 2.6-hectare managed nature area, Salters Sanctuary.
Are you planning a new development in the King's Lynn area? Email email@example.com