Missing out on the student vote
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
The student vote - by all accounts - is going to be crucial in this election, so Conservative culture secretary Sajid Javid was probably hoping to win a few when on his visit to the Norwich University of the Arts.
He was ushered into the digital lab on his hastily arranged visit to Norwich, and asked the obvious questions - where are the students?
Much to the amusement of all assembled they had to admit that they were all on holiday.
But it was not a wasted visit, I hope.
If the Conservatives win on May 7 he will know first hand about the much-needed improvements to our rail service after he was delayed.
You may also want to watch:
With many future leaders likely to be arriving for electioneering, let's hope their experiences put it top of the agenda.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
By Norma Nelson