Live coverage: Parliamentary debate to discuss major upgrade of A47
- Credit: Archant
Live coverage of a 90-minute parliamentary debate where MPs will put pressure on the government to give the green light to a major upgrade of the A47.
Roads minister Robert Goodwill will be questioned on the progress of a feasibility study for the route stretching from Great Yarmouth into the Midlands, during the Westminister Hall backbench session. It comes ahead of the Autumn Statement later this year, when a decision on the route is likely to be made.
The A47, along with the A12 to Lowestoft, is among seven studies which are being carried out for the Department for Transport.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks