Groups in Norfolk offered helping hand in making history
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk history groups and community archives can learn how to explore and record the history of their local area by joining a conference at Norfolk Record Office.
The Exploring Your Community conference will include a talk by staff from the Heritage Lottery Fund about how to apply for grants.
There will also be a choice of workshops on topics including document handling and cataloguing.
Attendees can also discover what other groups are doing and will be given a free photography permit to use at the Record Office.
The event runs from 10.30am to 3.30pm on Saturday, February 25.
You may also want to watch:
Places are limited and tickets cost £10, including lunch.
To book call 01603 222599 or visit www.archives.norfolk.gov.uk/events
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 9 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 10 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
Norfolk Record Office is based in The Archive Centre at County Hall, in Martineau Lane, Norwich.