In person council meetings to return
- Credit: James Bass
Members of the public will be allowed to observe council committees once again in the flesh in a sign that things are getting back to normal.
Originally introduced due to Covid regulations, the live streaming of committees at Great Yarmouth Borough Council on YouTube will be scrapped from Wednesday.
Starting with the development control committee meeting on Wednesday, the arrangements mean members of the public can attend.
Members of the public will be allowed to observe from a public area at the Town Hall.
Face coverings will still be required when moving around the Town Hall, but can be removed once members are seated.
You may also want to watch:
Famously, Jackie Weaver went viral at the beginning of 2021 over a Zoom council meeting for Handforth Parish Council.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 6 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 7 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 10 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats