Graveyard extension part of plans for 25 new homes in Hoveton
Controversial proposals for 25 new homes in Hoveton, which are opposed by the council and many residents, include an extension to the church graveyard.
FW Properties wants to build the homes, including seven affordable, in Church Field, along with associated roads and landscaping.
The plans include an extra 900 sq m of graveyard space and £15,000 towards the maintenance of the Church of St John.
Hoveton Parish Council objects to the proposals as it's outside of the development area, and ward member Nigel Dixon is also against the plans.
A total of 39 letters and emails, objecting, were also submitted, with some suggesting the countryside should be protected.
You may also want to watch:
But the recommendation at North Norfolk District Council's development committee meeting on Thursday, August 3 is for approval.
An officers' report states that 'approval of this application could act as a catalyst for further job and wealth creation to support the local economy'.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 7 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 10 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’