Former lorry driver picked to fight South West Norfolk for Liberal Democrats
- Credit: Liberal Democrats
A former HGV driver is standing as the Liberal Democrats' parliamentary candidate for South West Norfolk.
Josie Ratcliffe, a borough councillor for East Downham in Downham Market, has been selected to fight for a seat which has been Conservative since the 1960s.
Originally a software engineer in Cambridge, Ms Ratcliffe changed career to become a professional driver.
That included working as a milk roundsperson before progressing to drive tipper trucks and articulated vehicles and working as a long-distance lorry driver.
She has also been a Scout Leader for 25 years.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "This election is our chance to address the big issues facing the UK - stopping Brexit so we can fund our NHS and our schools and tackle the climate emergency."
Other candidates are Emily Blake (Labour), Pallavi Devulapalli (Green) and Elizabeth Truss (Conservatives).
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub