Estimated declaration times for General Elections announced
- Credit: Archant
Estimated declaration times for the General Elections have been announced with the majority of verdicts in our region expected to be announced by 4.30pm.
The first results in the region are expected to come through at around 3am in the Mid-Norfolk constituency representing Dereham and the surrounding areas.
Those awaiting results in Norfolk North West and Norfolk South West are expected to have to wait until 6am.
The declaration times are based on forecasts obtained from councils or the time of the actual declaration in the constituency in 2010.
It is noted that some estimates may not have taken sufficient account of the large number of English council and parish council elections which are taking place on May 7, which will likely cause delays.
You may also want to watch:
In other areas across Norfolk it is expected that results for Norfolk North will come in at 4am, Norwich North and South as well as Norfolk South at 4.30am, and results from Waveney in Suffolk at 5.30am.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job