First business pledges to relocate to Egmere Business Zone when scheme is delivered
- Credit: Ian Burt
The first prospective tenants have been found for a new business park in the north of Norfolk.
Tidal Transit Ltd, a Docking-based offshore wind service supplier, has stated its intentions to relocate to the Egmere Business Zone once it is finished.
It comes as North Norfolk District Council's cabinet voted to press forward with the scheme, despite some reservations from fellow councillors.
Richard Price, cabinet member for property and asset commercialisation, said the scheme would create huge opportunities for the district.
However, fellow cabinet member Nigel Dixon said he was unable to support the proposal to move forward with the scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dixon said he was concerned that Tidal Transit Ltd was - thus far - the only business to pledge to move onto the site and that he would need evidence others would follow suit.
Karen Ward, chairman of the council's overview and scrutiny committee, raised similar concerns.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 7 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week