Council submits plans to install new logo at headquarters
- Credit: Archant
Plans to install a large new logo on the side of a council headquarters have been submitted as it readies for the formation of a new 'super district council'.
Waveney and Suffolk Coastal district council are set to be formally dissolved on April, 1, and replaceded by the East Suffolk District Council.
The new logo, which represents a compass point facing east, was developed by Southwold design agency Spring.
And the different colours in its design signify the local landscape - two shades of blue for the sky and sea, green for the land and yellow for the beach and sun.
Last month Waveney District Council submitted a planning application to install a 2.7m x 3.4m sign at its Riverside offices in Canning Road, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Likewise Suffolk Coastal District Council recently submitted plans for the installation of its new sign – however this sign will be slightly smaller, measuring 2.2m x 2.8m.
The logo will soon appear in a range of different settings including, buildings, bins, council vehicles, signs and social media icons.
- 1 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 5 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 6 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak